Swiss Crime Prevention – about us
The Swiss Crime Prevention organisation (SCP) is committed to raising prevention awareness throughout society as a whole. Responsibility for this lies not only with the police, but also with politicians, other national organisations and offices, non-governmental institutions as well as business and the media.
- The SCP
- is the national platform for all matters relating to crime prevention in Switzerland
- a central competence centre for modern day prevention work
- develops and organises national crime prevention campaigns on a partnership basis.
- The duties of the SCP
- Development of major topical campaigns
- Development of prevention materials and projects
- Networking of police and their cooperation partners
- Documentation centre for so called “grey literature” on crime prevention
- Advice on police functions and development of prevention materials and projects
- Training and further training of police on the subject in general and police prevention.
- Promoting the development of prevention discipline in cooperation with universities and colleges
You can find all the relevant addresses of cantonal authorities, links and emergency numbers of the national telephone counselling service for children and young people 147, the Dargebotene Hand (Helping Hand) Switzerland 143, the relevant addresses for child protection and anti-child pornography as well as all downloads on general issues, paedophile crime, fraud, theft and violence together with the corresponding leaflets on the SCP website.